Our Five Strategic Levers to Become the Global Leader in Exceptional Spirits
1. Asserting the unique positioning of the brands
- Each of the Group’s spirits is linked to a particular terroir and know-how:
Within the AOC Cognac region, the House of Rémy Martin’s eaux-de vie come exclusively from Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne, which have unrivalled aromatic profiles and ageing potential;
- Our Islay single malt whiskeys are made uniquely from Scottish barley, then distilled and aged on the isle of Islay in accordance with traditional methods.
- OUR DISTINCTIVE ADVANTAGE : THE SPECIFIC CHARACTERISTICS OF EACH TERROIR AND OUR KNOW-HOW MAKE OUR SPIRITS EXCEPTIONAL
2. Maximising the geographic potential of the brands and diversifying the drivers of growth
- Our brands are still under-potentialized from a geographic standpoint:
LOUIS XIII in the United States, Rémy Martin in Africa, as well as Cointreau and Metaxa in China.
- The increasing strength of our pioneering brands: single malt whiskies, The Botanist gin or Mount Gay rum provide attractive growth potential.
- OUR DISTINCTIVE ADVANTAGE : OUR BRANDS HAVE NOT YET REACHED THEIR FULL POTENTIAL IN ANY OF OUR MARKETS
3. Strengthening the emotional relationship with our clients
- Increasing the desirability of our spirits: establishing a direct and personalised relationship with our clients through
media and digital investments with targeted creative content, but also unique and unforgettable events.
- Retaining our clients: a better understanding of their expectations allows a genuine and long-lasting relationship with our brands.
- OUR DISTINCTIVE ADVANTAGE : OUR CLIENTS ARE SEEKING EXPERTISE AND DISCERNMENT BUT ABOVE ALL, EMOTION AND EXPERIENCE, ELEMENTS CONSISTENT WITH OUR BRAND PORTFOLIO
4. Adjusting the distribution network in accordance with the Group’s strategy
- The Group’s strategy of moving towards the high-end of the market must be based on a distribution network whose expertise is consistent with the positioning of our brands: selective retail (wine merchants), high-end bars, restaurants and hotels, and even “retail”: for its LOUIS XIII cognac, the Group has a specific sales force and has opened three stores dedicated to the brand.
- The development of online sales will also play a role in building a more direct approach to the distribution of our
- OUR DISTINCTIVE ADVANTAGE :RECOGNISED EXPERTISE AT HIGH-END RETAILERS
5. Accelerating the group’s ambitions in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Rémy Cointreau’s 2020 CSR plan operationally focuses on 10 of the United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals, selected based on relevancy to the Group.
- In particular, by 2020, the Group’s ambition is to achieve 100% responsible purchasing (percentage of suppliers having joined SEDEX), and have all of its winemaking partners committed to an environmental approach (AHVE 1).
- OUR DISTINCTIVE ADVANTAGE :EXPERTISE AND CSR ACTIONS FOR MORE THAN 15 YEARS